1. Nobel Prizes 2016 -
- Medicine - Yoshinori Ohsumi (Japan) for his work on autophagy. He becomes 23rd Japanese to win a Nobel prize.
- Physics - Britain's David Thouless, F Duncan M Haldane and Michael Kosterlitz selected for their researches on theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitions and topological phases of matter.
- Chemistry - Jean-Pierre Sauvage (French), J Fraser Stoddart (Scotland) and Bernard L Feringa (Netherlands) selected for their efforts in developing molecular machines.
- Peace - ____________ President Juan Manuel Santos.
- Economics - Oliver Hart (UK), Bengt R. Holmström (Finland)
- Literature - Bob Dylan (USA). ?
2. 3 Indian students - Aditya Pal, Amarjeet Pandde and Guhan Narayanan won 4 silver medals at 10th International Earth Science Olympiad in __________ ?
3. Actress _________ honored with 2016 ET Panache Trendsetter Award in Mumbai, along with several other Entrepreneurs and Social Workers. The award recognizes the efforts of entrepreneurs, innovators and athletes who inspire millions ?
4. All India Radio’s (AIR’s) entry ______________ won prize in Community Service Announcement category of Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) awards 2016 ?
5. Almatti Dam on Krishna River at Bagalkot district in ____________ has been chosen for World Bank’s Award of Excellence for best utilization of funds (Rs. 72 crore) for renovation to increase strength of the dam ?
6. British statistician __________won inaugural International Prize in Statistics by International Prize in Statistics Foundation. He got this honour in recognition of Survival Analysis Model Applied in Medicine, Science, and Engineering ?
7. _____________ selected for Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2016 ?
8. Comedian ____________ honoured with Mark Twain Prize for American Humour ?
9. Film Society of Lincoln Center announced __________ as recipient of 44th Chaplin Award ?
10. Former Director-General of CSIR, ___________ conferred with V Krishnamurthy Award for excellence by Hyderabad-based Centre for Organisation Development ?
11. Former ISRO Chairman and space scientist ___________ became first Indian to be inducted in Hall of Fame of International Astronautical Federation (IAF) ?
12. Former Minister Veeranna has been selected for Sri Maharshi Valimiki Jayanti Award for 2016-17, given by ________ government ?
13. Former ______________ chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has been conferred with award by Ugandan Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda for promoting human values through his literature ?
14. G. Balakrishna from India has been crowned as Mr. Asia 2016 at the recently held 5th Phil-Asia bodybuilding championships in ___________ ?
15. History writer ___________ won 2016 John F. Richards Prize for her book Ashoka in Ancient India ?
16. Indian Film-maker and elephant researcher Prajna Chowta (46) has been appointed Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (Knight in the National Order of Merit) by _________ government ?
17. Indian National Award winning documentary ‘Daughters of Mother India’ won first prize in Documentary Film category at 6th CAM International Film Festival in Cairo (_________) ?
18. Indian scientist ______________ conferred with prestigious IAFP Young scientist scholarship award for his research on development of novel oxygen absorbing package in the field of active packaging for oxygen sensitive food products ?
19. Indian sprinter _________ won 24th Ekalabya Award 2016 as a recognition of her sporting excellence. This award is instituted by Odisha-based Indian Metals Public Charitable Trust (IMPaCT). ?
20. Paul Beatty became first _____________ author to win Man Booker Prize, after he won 2016 Man Booker Title for his racial satirical novel The Sellout. His novel tells the story of a young black man who tries to reinstate slavery and racial segregation in a suburb of Los Angeles ?
21. ________ footballer Renato Sanches won 2016 European Golden Boy award ?
22. Randeep Guleria and ___________ have been selected for Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy Award for excellence in medicine ?
23. Sangeet Natak Akademi awards 2015 have been presented - _________ has been named Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellow (Akademi Ratna). Akademi also selected 43 artists for Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) for 2015 ?
24. ________ has been awarded for ‘Excellence in Technical Innovation’ by the International Society of Automation (ISA) for his innovation Digital Controlled Valve for Precise Liquid Dispensing by Gravity flow ?
25. ____________ Chief Minister Pawan Chamling has been honoured with Sustainable Development Leadership Award of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), during World Sustainable Development Summit in New Delhi. Theme for summit is Beyond 2015: People, Planet and Progress ?
26. Two Yazidi women - Nadia Murad Basee and Lamiya Aji Bashar have been selected for European Union’s prestigious ___________ for Human Rights for 2016. They were among thousands of Yazidi girls and women who were abducted by Islamic State (IS) militants in Iraq and forced into sexual slavery in 2014 ?
27. Uttar Pradesh government declared Yash Bharati awardees 2016 - _______________
People selected for coveted UP award for 2016-17, for contribution in literature, fine arts, folk and classical music and sports. Some prominent names are - Actor Naseeruddin Shah. PayTM CEO Vijay Shekhar, Paralympic athlete Varun Kumar, Qawwali singers Aftab and Hashim (Sabri Brothers), Director Saurabh Shukla ?