1. Government allowed NABARD to disburse loan of Rs. 21,000.00 crore in form of concessional refinance to State Cooperative Banks on behalf of District Central Cooperative Banks (DCCBs) in order to enable them to meet crop loan requirements of farmers. It is part of a fund namely STCRC (________________________) Fund for providing concessional short term refinance to Cooperative Banks, with size 45000 Crores for 201617 ?
2. 3.6 Crore Farmers (approx ____________ of farmer population in India) have been provided Crop Insurance under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) launched in 2016. Sum insured is of Rs. 141339 crores ?
3. According to a United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific’s (ESCAP) report, India’s economic growth will be _______ in 2017 ?
4. ____________ merged its wholly owned subsidiary AllBank Finance (ABFL) with itself. ?
5. ___________ Government launched Purse mobile application to promote digital transactions. It features 13 mobile banking and 10 mobile wallet options, helping people can pay their bills and carry out their cashless transactions ?
6. Asian Development Bank (ADB) lowered its growth forecast for 2016 for Indian economy to _________ , from 7.4% earlier. Growth forecast for 2017 is 7.8%. ?
7. Cabinet committee on economic affairs (CCEA) approved Exiting 7 Loss Making Central PSUs (sale of 100 % of Government Equity), including Scooters India, Pawan Hans and Hindustan Newsprint Limited. Government will also sell 26% stake in _______________, reducing its stake from 54% to 28 % ?
8. Central Government provided Special Assistance of Rs. 450 crores to ____________ state for 201617 ?
9. Cyber security agency CERTIn cautioned against various attacks on micro ATMs and Point of Sale (POS) terminals, including _____________, Malware Injection. ?
10. Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) revised NEIIP (___________________) 2007, for mandatory disbursal of subsidies payable to all industrial units in northeast through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mechanism by Chief Controller of Accounts (Industry) ?
11. ECommerce Firm _________ announced Each one, teach one campaign to encorage users to teach others to use its products , with several prizes including 1 Crore Rs mega Prize ?
12. Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) lowered interest rate on provident fund deposits to _____________ for the current fiscal, from 8.8% in 201516. ?
13. _____________ tied up with Spice Digital for cash management services through bank’s ecollection facility. 20,000 retail outlets of Spice Digital can now remit its cash collection at its branches ?
14. Government announced package of incentives for promotion of digital and cashless economy
- Petroleum companies will offer a discount of _______________ on diesel and petrol on digital payments.
- .5% discount for buying monthly seasonal tickets in Suburban railway networks through digital payment.
- Payments through digital mode for railways catering, accommodation, retiring room will also attract 5% discount.
- People will be get 10% discount on General Insurance and 8% discount on new life Insurance policies of PSUs purchased online.
- Discount of 10% will be available to users for payment of toll at Toll Plazas on National Highways.
- NABARD will extend financial support of 228 Crores to eligible banks for deployment of two Point of Sale (PoS) devices each in 1 Lakh villages with population of less than 10,000.
- NABARD will also support Rural Regional Banks (RRBs) and Cooperative Banks to issue Rupay Kisan Cards to over 4 crore 32 lakh Kisan Credit Card (KCC) holders to enable them to make digital transactions.
- No service service charge on digital transactions upto INR 2000.
- All state Government Departments will make Electronic Payments to suppliers, contractors or institutions, on orders exceeds Rs 5000 ?
15. Government approved ordinance to allow states and industries to pay workers’ wages digitally (through direct bank transfer or cheque), by amending Section 6 of Payment of Wages Act 1936, that states that all payment of wages should be in cash. It will allow industries to pay wages to workers earning up to Rs. __________________ / month, without taking their explicit consent as required under Payment of Wages Act 1936 ?
16. Government launched Aadhaar Payment App to simplify digital transactions by doing away with need of carrying plastic cards and point of sale machines. It has been developed by _____________ along with UIDAI and National Payments Corporation of India. ?
17. Government launched Lucky Grahak Yojana to encourage consumers and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana to encourage merchants for transition to digital payments (USSD, UPI, RuPay and AEPS), launched by NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog. National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) will be implementing agency. Digital payments made through credit cards and ewallets won’t be covered. Incentives will be restricted to transactions within the range of Rs 50 and Rs 3000.
Lucky Grahak Yojana Consumers making payment through digital mode will get chance to win minimum Rs 1000 each every day or Rs 1 lakh per week. 15,000 winners will get cashback prizes of Rs 1000 each every day starting on 25 December 2016 (Christmas) and ending on 14 April 2017 (Babasaheb Ambedkar Jayanthi). On last day of scheme mega prize winner award of ______________ will be announced.
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana - This scheme is for prmoting merchants to have POS (Point of Sale) machines for undertaking cashless transactions ?
18. Government provided additional grace period of 60 days to farmers, whose crop loan dues fall due between 1st November, 2016 and 31st December, 2016 Following demonetization of Bank Notes. Government provides crop loans at subvented rates of interest @ ______________ per annum. On prompt repayment in first year, farmers are eligible for further subsidized rate of Interest of 4 % per annum ?
19. Government will roll out PFMS (_______________) from April 2017, along with Goods and Services Tax (GST). It will allow government to monitor over than Rs.1 lakh crore of idle funds lying with it under various heads. Once government access these funds through PFMS, it need does not need to borrow that amount ?
20. Government will amend Reserve Bank of India Act __________ to extinguish (stop) validity of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 ?
21. Government will soon launch tollfree helpline number ‘__________’ to promote digital payments ?
22. __________________Government issued state's Aerospace and Defence Policy 2016 to attract investment in aerospace and defence. It entitles several facilities including 100% reimbursement on stamp duty and registration charges paid for purchase, lease or mortgage of land meant for setting up facility in Aerospace and Defence ?
23. HDFC received permission from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to raise Rs. ____________ crore by issuing ‘masala bonds’, after it exhausted a Rs. 5,000 crore limit to issue these bonds. Through ‘masala bond’ route, an Indian company raises money overseas denominated in Indian rupees ?
24. ___________ launched EazyPay mobile application for merchants that allows allinone acceptance payments platform. It has all digital wallets, QR code, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), and credit & debit cards modes of payments ?
25. In 201516, India received maximum Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) inflows from _____________ ($13.69 Billion) followed by Mauritius, USA, he Netherlands and Japan. It is stated in a report by PHDCCI and KPMG ?
26. In order to absorb extra liquidity, Reserve Bank sharply raised Market Stabilisation Scheme (MSS) ceiling to Rs _____________ from Rs 30,000 crores ?
27. In order to promote cashless transactions, Government directed banks to install _____________ new PoS (Point of Sale) terminals by 31st March 2017 ?
28. India Signed Grant Agreement with IBRD (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development) for USD ______________ for Additional Financing for Financing Energy Efficiency at MSMEs Project Programmatic Framework for Energy Efficiency ?
29. India received over US $310.26 billion US Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) between April 2000 and September 2016, crossing USD 300 Billion Milestone. 33% of FDI came through _______________ route. Other big investors are from Singapore, US, UK and Netherlands. Sector wise Services sector received max 18% of FDI inflows ?
30. Indian Oil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation and Hindustan Petroleum signed pact to build India's biggest oil refinery at a cost of $30 billion In __________________, with capacity 60million tonne a year. IOC will hold 50 % stake with BPCL and HPCL holding 25 % each ?
31. Indian Railways tiedup with ______________ to install 10000 Point of Sale (POS) machines at Public Reservation System (PRS) counters of Railways ?
32. Indian ecommerce Firm _________ launched tollfree number 180018001234 to enable transaction through mobile phones without internet connection ?
33. MMTC(Metals and Minerals Trading gold Corporation) tied up with ___________ to sell governmentminted Indian Gold Coin(24 Karat), which will be available in denominations of 5gm, 10gm and 20 gm bar ?
34. MoU signed between NTPC and National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO) for setting up a Joint Venture (JV) Company to establish a 2400 MW coal based power project in Dhenkanal (____________) ?
35. Private insurer ___________ forayed into microinsurance segment by launching two products, Jeevan Suraksha and Credit Suraksha. ?
36. _____________ launched 'Aadhaar Payment Bridge System' (APBS) for small ticket microfinance loan disbursements. ?
37. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced that Foreign exchange reserves of India has declined by 887.2 million dollars to approx ______________ billion dollars due to fall in foreign currency assets. ?
38. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) capped Merchant Discount Rates (MDR) for debit card transactions up to Rs. 1,000 at 0.25% and for transactions above Rs. 1,000 and up to Rs. 2,000 at 0.5% in order to incentivise greater adoption of digital payment methods.
RBI also asked banks and prepaid payment instrument (PPI) issuers not to levy any charges for transactions upto Rs. 1000 settled using Immediate Payment Service (USSD) based *99# and UPI (________________) system ?
39. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) opened a banking ombudsman office in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. It is third ombudsman office in North India after Kanpur and Chandigarh. With this, the total numbers of RBI ombudsman offices are increased to __________ ?
40. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue _______________ rupee banknotes in Mahatma Gandhi New series with inset letter E having star mark in number panel. This will be for the first time star banknotes in ____________ rupees denomination will be issued. RBI will issue new currency notes of rupees 20 and 50 denominations in Mahatma Gandhi Series2005?
41. Reserve Bank of India authorised _________________ (promoted by Sidbi and NSE) to launch India's first trade receivables exchange platform for MSMEs, buyers and financiers ?
42. State Bank of India (SBI) adopted Shirki village in _______________ for driving the Aadhaarbased merchant payment initiativE ?
43. _________________ launched State Bank MobiCash Mobile Wallet, in association with Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited . MobiCash will allow smartphone users to deposit cash through BSNL retail outlets and withdraw funds from their account ?
44. Tata Steel acquired 100% equity in ____________ based Brahmani River Pellets (BRPL) for Rs 900 crores ?
45. ______________________ adopted Patunagar and Sachindranagar Villages in Tripura state, to turn them completely cashless. ?
46. _______________ Partnered with Cab aggregator Ola and ecommerce Firm Grofers, to provide cashondemand to customers ?
47. ___________ launched SIMsePAY service that allows any account holder to do money transfers, pay utility bills and other mobile banking services, without need for smart phones or internet, based on simsleeve technology ?
48. _________________ became 7th Entity (and only nonbanking finance company (NBFC)) to receive final licence from Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start a small finance bank ?
49. __________________ and Heritage Foods Ltd signed MOU to provide dairy loans to Farmers through Bank's branches across country. It also launched agricultural investment credit scheme for farmers of Rajasthan. ?
50. ______________ adopted Malangaon Village in Sangli district of Maharashtra, to make it completely cashless ?
51. Government approved Ordinance to penalise persons holding banned 500 and 1,000 rupee notes. Possession of demonetised notes will attract a monetary fine of _______________ rupees or five times the cash held, whichever is higher ?
52. Government launched Integrated Voice Response System (IVRS) system in a bid to tackle the call drop menace, with short code ___________ being allotted for same ?
53. Government proposed setting up Financial Data Management Centre (FDMC) based on recommendation of a committee set up under _______________
. FDMC will Standardise data from all financial sector regulators in a single database and provide analytical insights based on the data to ensure stability in economy ?
54. Government removed minimum export price (MEP) _____________ per tonne on potato. Minimum Export Rate(MEP) is rate below which no trader is allowed to export, meant to restrict exports and improve domestic supply ?
55. Home Ministry cancelled licences of ____________ NGOs for violating various provisions of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) banning these NGOs from receiving foreign funds ?
56. Mobile wallet firm ______________ received approval from RBI to set up a Bharat Bill Payments Operating Unit (BBPOU). It will be integrated in Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), to offer interoperable and accessible bill payment service to customers through a network of agents ?
57. PM Modi announced key welfare measures
- Housing Under Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana (PMAY), poor and middle class in cities will get 4% exemption on interest for home loans up to Rs 9 lakh and 3% exemption for home loans up to Rs 12 lakh. 33% more houses will be built in villages.
- Farmers 3 crore Kisan credit cards will be converted into RuPay cards in 3 months. ____________ crores will be added to fund under NABARD, meant for giving loans to cooperative banks and societies at low interest rate.
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Credit guarantee for small businesses is doubled to Rs 2 crore. Banks will raise cash credit limit for small business to 25% from 20%. Banks will also increase working capital loans from 20% of turnover to 30% for digitally transactions.
- Women and elderly Pregnant women in above 650 rural districts will get Rs 6,000 in bank accounts to meet medical expenses and reduce child, woman mortality. Senior citizens will get guarantee of 8% interest rate on deposits up to Rs 7.5 lakh for 10 years ?
58. PM Narendra Modi launched UPI based mobile payment application called BHIM (_____________) at Digi Dhan Mela in New Delhi, BHIM is rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) for simpler digital payments without cash ?
59. Private sector's _________________ launched QIP (Qualified institutional placement) to raise over Rs 600 crore by issuing 4.25 crore shares in domestic or international markets ?
60. ___________ introduced NRIfocused mobile banking application Mirror+ ?
61. Special Assistance Amount released to states (from Demand No.32 of Union Budget)
- Bihar 200 Crores
- Odisha 368 Crores
- J & K 314 Crores
- _____________ 200 Crores (Tirupur Dyeing Industry)?
62. _____________ and real estate portal magicbricks.com tiedupto to provide Bank's online home loanapproval solutions easily to potential propety buyers ?
63. ecommerce Firm ___________ launched 100member 'merchant helpdesk', aimed at educating merchants on digital payments across country ?